The Clear the Air Challenge begins in just one month! From July 1-31, join us in being more aware of the trips that you take and making an effort to choose alternatives to driving alone, such as carpooling, using public transportation and working remotely on bad air quality days. In order to make the Challenge a success, here are five easy steps you can take to do your part in clearing Utah’s air:
- Register and set up your team. If you don’t already have an account, create one today! This takes less than two minutes and gives you access to the TravelWise Tracker, a software that keeps track of the emissions, miles and trips you save when you don’t drive alone. You can also join or create a team, whether it be your business or organization, or even just a group of friends.
- Invite others to join the Challenge. Tell your coworkers, family, and friends about the Challenge and encourage them to join you! We amplify our impact when we work together. If you’re part of a team in your office or organization, contact your team manager for your team’s join link and circulate it to others.
- Educate others. If you are knowledgeable about the Challenge, help others learn how to register, plan their travel, and use a variety of TravelWise strategies. Recirculate Clear the Air Challenge social media posts (find us on Facebook and Twitter) to spread the word. Increasing awareness about eco-friendly transportation strategies helps all of us!
- Encourage your team. Maintaining momentum can be difficult in our busy world, but you can help! Periodically check in with your teammates, and don’t forget to celebrate your victories, even the small ones.
- Practice logging your trips. Although the Challenge officially begins July 1st, you can practice using the TravelWise tracker to log your trips any month out of the year! Simply go to the TravelWise Tracker Dashboard and enter your distance and mode of travel to calculate your impact. This page can be accessed on mobile, or you can even download the Commute Tracker app. This way, you’ll be ready when trips start counting towards our Challenge goals in July.
Thanks for your involvement, and good luck! If you have any questions, suggestions or comments, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.